In Fall of 2022, it’s back…
24 Hours from Home Challenge
How far from home could you get in 24 hours? No cars, no trains, no boats, no wheels, in fact, no transportation but your own legs. Where would you go? What would you plan? Could you make it the whole 24?
Now’s your chance to find out. In October 2022, the third ever 24 Hours from Home challenge begins…at your home.
Here is how it works. Sometime between 12pm Thursday, October 6 and 11:59pm Sunday, October 9, a 3-and-a-half-day window of time, leave your place of residence and travel as far as you can from home, walking, jogging, ambling, running, sauntering, perambulating, sprinting or stumbling. At the end of 24 hours, whoever is furthest from home, as-the-crow-flies/straight line distance, will be declared the winner.
You may travel supported or unsupported, single or as a tandem, with gear or without, it’s totally up to you to plan and execute the challenge. There is no set route, only 369 degrees of possibilities, worldwide. Nice.
Please note your registration isn’t official until you send payment to Mark:
Venmo: @mark-fingerhut-1 / PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org. Until July 31st: $40 (per participant) / August 1 thru October 6: $50 (per participant)
- It’s required to have someone support you throughout the challenge, for tracking, support and pretty important – to pick you up at the end of 24 hours. You must arrange your transport home.
- You must carry a phone or other tracking device (Garmin, Spot, etc.) and have it running the entire time. Your location must be able to be tracked from beginning to end.
- At the end of 24 hours, or if you decide to stop, mark your location and share your entire route with the 24HfH coordinator.
- Your route must be able to be verified with distance traveled, route, and pace. Seriously, no wheels.
- You may procure food, drink, gear, sustenance, spiritual and moral support by any means.
- You can stop to rest, sleep, eat, drink, relax, camp or copulate at any time, but the clock is ticking.
- This is an adventure that will challenge you physically, strategically, geographically and intestinal fortitudinally. It is potentially dangerous and will reward those who smartly and strategically plan and execute their route. But don’t share your strategy with the other racers, this isn’t just about who can run the furthest.
- Your 24 hour period of travel must take place between 12pm Thursday, October 6th and 11:59pm Sunday, October 9th. There are no pauses or stoppages during the challenge, the clock starts as soon as you leave your front door. And you must begin at your primary place of residence.
- The winner will be the person or team that goes the furthest as the crow flies/straight line distance, but anyone who even steps out the door to compete will get mad street cred.
- Registration fee is $40 (per participant) until July 31, then $50 from August 1 to October 6. Fee includes a T Shirt, unique award for finishers, snacks/beverages at the after party and prizes for the winners.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Link to 24HfH Planning Tips, Recommendations and Guidance
To read about past 24HfH Challenges, see the links above.